Your First Visit
We want it to be special every time you visit our team at North Florida Dentistry, and we want to make sure that you are well-prepared for your first visit to our office. When you get to your first visit, you” meet our team as well as the dentist and will have a full exam by a dental hygienist. Our team is highly trained and highly knowledgeable, and they will be there to answer your questions and keep you informed during your visit. This initial dental hygiene examination will include:
- A full review of your health history
- A screening for oral cancer
- An analysis of the cosmetic aspects of your teeth to look at their shape and color
- Digital X-rays will be taken
- Having your existing restorations will be charted
- A full-mouth exam of your gums and have them charted
- A bite analysis will be conducted to check for any orthodontic needs
- Intraoral pictures will be taken inside your mouth with an intraoral camera
- An examination of your neck and head as well as an evaluation for TMJ issues
- A screening for early signs of cavities if needed
- A full oral exam will be conducted by Dr. Harrington or Dr. Tron
When you arrive for your first visit, you will need to do a number of things to make sure that you are fully prepared for your appointment. We will need this information when you arrive:
- A full list of all of the medications you take as well as any other supplements, vitamins, and herbs that you take
- Your recent X-rays if you have had dental X-rays taken anytime recently
- Your dental benefits card or other documents that you will need to have your benefits billed for your services. This will allow it to get done more quickly and help us to get your claims to your insurance company.
- Information for our office about any medical conditions you have that may affect your dental care. This may be conditions like high blood pressure, rheumatic fever, diabetes, artificial joints, artificial heart valves, etc., that may require you to take antibiotics. If you are on any medication for any of these or other conditions, we need to know about those as well.
- Your completed forms. You can complete your patient forms online and submit them.
Our experienced team at North Florida Dentistry is ready to have you as a new patient and is ready to make you comfortable and keep you informed at every visit that you have with us. Give our office a call to make your first appointment with Dr. Harrington and our team.